Tuesday, September 4, 2007

CBC Radio Appearance For NHLToL

So you've been reading the blog, but would you like to hear me talk about it on the radio? CBC has asked me to do an interview tomorrow afternoon about my NHL Tournament of Logos blog. Can you believe that?



Apparently, we're going to tape the interview early in the day Wednesday and it will air on CBC Radio One in Vancouver (690 AM) at about 4:40 PM locally (7:40 PM Eastern time). So be sure to tune in! My guess is we'll talk about the tournament in general as well as our thoughts about the new Rbk EDGE uniforms of which I've been trying diligently to cover this offseason.

For those of you who live outside of Vancouver, the show will be streamed online at cbc.ca/bc. Then under the Listen Live link, choose 690 AM Vancouver. I'm pretty excited!

I hope most of you will listen and I hope I don't trip over my mouth too much!

13 comments:

gary b said...

that's awesome!


congrats!

Unknown said...

Awesome, do you think you'll have the right to make that interview a permanent link on this site?

Chris said...

Awesome, do you think you'll have the right to make that interview a permanent link on this site?

I don't know, Sephiroth, but I'd like to do that. I'll ask when I talk to them tomorrow. It'd be nice for people who can't listen to it when it airs.

Anonymous said...

Wow good job Chris. I know your site has received a million hits, but it's even more impressive that CBC Vancouver wants to talk to you.

I'll definitely tune in on my drive home from work. If you give a shout out to me (Tyler) for hinting at the canucks launch I'd love it ;).

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Chris. I think you just got officially legitimized.

Anonymous said...

cheers chris, keep up the good job. i look forward to your interview and future ToLs!!

Anonymous said...

good job man good luck in thew interview

Anonymous said...

just wow to the all-star that posted 2 up (unless it's been deleted).

Clearly an educated one...

Dan London said...

AWESOME! congrats!

Unknown said...

Hey Chris, just an idea I just have.

A great feature would be a comparaison, side by side of the new jerseys (both colors), and the old ones.

I'm doing that little game quite often these days and it's VERY revelator of the things that have changed.

Side by side, the RBK jerseys are often more good looking than the old ones.

For instance, watch the San Jose jersey, especially on home colors (blue) Incredibly ugly. Just thinking what will be the reaction of the people on this forum if they ever come with something like that. I'm sure that side by site, a lot of the new jerseys are looking better.

But not the Flames, oh no.

So, a good idea I think. That would make people realize things. I know we can do that by ourselves, but a gallery of cliquable easy pictures would be a nice upgrade.

andrew said...

congrats chris,

you deserve to be named an honourary "canadian" after that interview!

Anonymous said...

awesome man i didnt know this site was that popular but i sure as hell love it without it i would probably spend hours figuring things out with this site it takes 10 seconds and btw "Why didnt you rig the poll so the Sharks would win :( "

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazing! You start your own blog based on NHL logos and such and now CBC wants to interview you!

Congratulations, I'll be tuning in!