Tuesday, September 4, 2007

AHL Announces Rbk EDGE Switch!

I know this isn't NHL news, but it deals with the new Rbk EDGE jerseys, so I felt it was relevant. The American Hockey League announced today that they will be switching to Reebok's new style of uniforms.



The wonderful folks at TheAHL.com are even keeping their own gallery of all the new sweaters as they're unveiled — just like what I'm doing for the NHL. You can see their gallery here.

My only attachment to the AHL would be the Norfolk Admirals who are affiliated with my Tampa Bay Lightning. But look at this...



... these jerseys were unveiled today but they have the old Lightning logo on the shoulders! What's with that?

Also, I thought I'd send shout-outs to Admiral fans Jonathan and Charlie who have been keeping me up to date on AHL jersey news. Thanks guys!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you are reporting on this. I goto many AHL games, so I'm curious to see the new jerseys this year.

Anonymous said...

Flames unveil new uni's!

Anonymous said...

hehe, I said it before he posted it :P.

Anonymous said...

This might be newsworthy ... the Bridbeport Sound Tigers and the Providence Bruins have both put up pics of their new uniforms online.

Charlie @ Sabres Not Slugs.com said...

Chris,

You update with the quickness! How many gremlins are helping you keep this thing up to date?!?!

I noticed the blue jerseys look a bit Florida Pantherish...and the old shoulder logo. Oopsy.

Anyway, it's Norfolk and not too many folks beside die hard admirals fans will notice. They aren't too bad.

Anonymous said...

B-sens are tomorrow

http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/fullstory.php?id=1252

Jeff Z. said...

check out this link, http://www.theahl.com/fanz/galleries/index.html?c=43&id=332&t=0

is Bridgeport not going to have a white jersey?

Anonymous said...

Ah man, the Providence ones aren't very good. Why couldn't they have just gone with the Boston design?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Providence really dropped the ball. Boston came out with a terrific vintage look, and their farm team gets to wear those ugly things? Just too much yellow on the white jersey.

Anonymous said...

Providence's jerseys are almost like looking at an alternate universe where the new Original Six jerseys weren't good.