Monday, August 6, 2007

Blues vs Flames


vs
BLUES
FLAMES
5-8
11-1


The Aesthetics
Well, it's the end of the line for the Blues today. Good or bad, its their final match. And it's a tough one for me. One little nitpick I have on the Blues logo is how the top yellow line inside the "wing" goes too far to the left, almost touching that indented area. I don't know why it bothers me or how it can be properly rectified. And anyway, what's cooler than the flaming "C" logo?
Flames

The Nickname
Flames would burn a Blues man and melt his trumpet. He should stay away from fire.
Flames

The Analysis
I always sort of liked the secondary logo the Blues wore back in the mid-'90s during the period when red was one of their colors. I think a trumpet would make a great logo for them, not that the musical note isn't. But you know me, always one for change. Except for the Flames logo. That one is cool. You know why. Sorry, Blues fans. Not feeling it today, I guess. It was a good run.
Flames


WINNER
3-0

 

No comments: