Monday, August 6, 2007

Avalanche vs Stars


vs
AVALANCHE
STARS
11-2
8-5


The Aesthetics
This is the end of the line for both of these logos in this tournament. But its just the qualifying round. You will get to decide how good they really are. But I'll make this short and sweet. No logo has ever been helped by incorporating the text of the team name.
Avalanche

The Nickname
An Avalanche of snow has nothing on a Star of fire. Forget the snowslide, a big one could incinerate the planet. Then there's no snow to fall on anybody.
Stars

The Analysis
The giant avalanche across the "A" is a classic logo, not that you asked me. I see it being around a very long time. However, I can think of better ways to deal with a logo for the Dallas Stars. Maybe one day we'll get one. Until then, I like the "lone star" element, but not more than the Avs logo.
Avalanche


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: