Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Jersey Design Concept For Lightning

So I thought I was finished with that whole "Hockey Fans & Photoshop" series but it turns out there's more. After the possible leak of what may be the new logo for the Tampa Bay Lightning, a fan had some fun designing a uniform based on it. I honestly can't remember where I found it, but I'd have to guess ModSquadHockey since that's where I originally came across the logo itself.




This is what he came up with. It's pretty cool. I'm a big fan of switching to blue for the home jerseys. The black has gotten old. And despite there being a number of other teams that wear blue (the Thrashers, Rangers, Maple Leafs, Blues, Predators, Oilers, Blue Jackets and Canucks...) I still think the Lightning could pull it off. And should.

Obviously, it's not the offiicial design. If you consult the sidebar, you'll see we still have 38 days to wait for the big announcement and unveiling by the Bolts. Personally, I can't wait. I'm on pins and needles.

By the way, as a complete side note, I would like to thank those of you who drop by here on a regular basis. A while back I mentioned hitting a record of over 300 hits in a single day. That was surpassed yesterday with 514. I'm kind of surprised, actually. Incidentally, we're already over 400 today at it's not even 5 PM. It'll be interesting to see if we can beat yesterday's record.

Once again, thanks for dropping by.

No comments: