Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Penguins vs Rangers


vs
PENGUINS
RANGERS
1-5
2-8


The Aesthetics
Throughout most of this tournament, I've been bad-mouthing the Penguins logo, ignoring the fact that I actually like it. Granted, I like the '90s logo better, but this one is kind of cool. Despite what you may think, I actually am a fan of retro, just not when retro sucks. Anyway, for not using their entire name to make the logo, I award this point to the Penguins.
Penguins

The Nickname
Perhaps there's an arctic wildlife preserve somewhere where a Ranger keeps tabs on a bunch of Penguins.
Rangers

The Analysis
I've said it enough times but both of these teams have and currently use logos that would make better primaries than the primaries they actually use. Did that make sense? Read it again if it didn't. Anyway, I may not like hockey sticks and equipment in what are meant to be hockey logos, but more than that I hate words in them. Words are not symbols. Well, they are, but in a different way. Plus, there's actually a penguin in the Penguins logo. Kudos for that.
Penguins


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: