Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Islanders vs Devils


vs
ISLANDERS
DEVILS
1-8
8-1


The Aesthetics
How many of my silly rules can the Islanders possibly break with one single logo? Most of them is right. The Devils, however, have so much I like. Simplicity at its finest. I see horns, a pointy tail and a subtle "NJ." That says Devils like almost nothing else could.
Devils

The Nickname
The Devil's a pretty nasty guy. Islanders are just pathetic humans to him.
Devils

The Analysis
I'm a big fan of the outline of Long Island in the Islanders logo, but it's not better than the Devils. I'm sorry but it's true. The team name spelled out. The hockey puck, the stuck (as cleverly placed as it may be), maybe the Isles will get this point against another team. Not the Devils. It seems like sweeps are the order of the day.
Devils


WINNER
3-0

 

No comments: