Sunday, July 29, 2007

Capitals vs Thrashers


vs
CAPITALS
THRASHERS
4-6
5-6


The Aesthetics
The hockey sticks in these logos abound. But that's fine, what I'm staring at is the wordmark that the Capitals are calling a logo. The Ducks made this mistake and I hope they're going to learn from it. Seems we'll have no such luck with the Caps. Plus I think the Thrashers logo has a sharp and rather unique color scheme.
Thrashers

The Nickname
Hmm. Maybe the Thrashers open fire on the Capital by freeing their "droppings" on the buildings causing mountains of paperwork as the government tries to get it all cleaned up. Stretch, yes.
Thrashers

The Analysis
I'm sorry, I was a fan of the Capitol dome logo. I don't know why it had to go just because the colors got changed. But who knows why the Capitals do anything? But I can't in good conscience allow them to have this point. That's a neat bird on that Thrashers logo.
Thrashers


WINNER
3-0

 

No comments: