Thursday, August 2, 2007

Jersey Ideas For The Big D

Further proof that this Dallas Stars jersey I posted a few days ago was a fake comes by way of another piece of work from the same designer. As a side note, he also created this Lightning concept jersey.

What gives it away here is the "Big D" logo with the star in the bottom corner of it. Have a gander.



So what do you guys think? It's a little reminiscent of the old North Stars with a touch of cool in the logo. Speaking of which, am I the only one who likes that concept for the logo? Anybody else out there? I thought it was a huge improvement over what they've been using.

I also came by another fan-designed concept to put out there.



I don't think I really like the lack of black here. Don't put too much stock in either of these designs. Based on what little we've heard, we should expect to see home and road uniforms with two different crests. It may even be that the road jersey says "DALLAS" across the chest like in some of the other fan artwork we've seen.

Anyway, that being the case, what do you guys think about what you're seeing here? I'd also like to hear from some Stars fans as well if any are reading.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "D" logo isn't bad. I am impartial because I like the logo they currently have. Maybe it would be good as a shoulder patch. It is just a little too old-school for me. Maybe if they modernized it a little

Anonymous said...

I like that D logo, its defiantly an improvement over the ugly stat

Anonymous said...

star*

Anonymous said...

heres a supposed lames jersey.

http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/23275/2001058819840255463_rs.jpg

Chris said...

Thanks for that. I'll get it posted later on. I appreciate the link!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I wouldn't put too much into these eaither considering the second one is mine. I used the template from the Iowa Stars. It was only a concept and was for s**ts and giggles really.

Anonymous said...

I am a long time Dallas fan and I don't mind the "D" logo, but i always like our secondary state logo. I would love to see a black version of our current jersey with the star crest on the front. Not too big on the "Dallas" on the front, but I would eventually get used to it. Trust me, nothing is as bad as the mooterus we had. That made my head hurt.

Jim said...

how are people making these fake jerseys? Is there a website or something?

Paul said...

I am completely against any Dallas Stars design that is reminiscent of the jerseys of their former home. The North Stars look ties to Minnesota, not the Lone Star State, in my opinion. The "D" logo is different and clean in that concept (which is good), but I'd prefer the team going the route of the Iowa Stars jerseys if they're to change anything at all. I am curious as to what a black version of last year's home jersey would look like though.

Chris said...

Thanks for all the comments, everybody — especially the designer of the second concept on this post. It's always nice to have the artists drop in for a spell.

As far as the question about whether there's a web site for all the fake jerseys. This is the only one I know of. I've been compiling all the manipulated images I could find in one place — here. If you guys know of others, please let me know.

As for how they're doing it — Photoshop and other image manipulation software is key along with a basic knowledge of graphic design. If you're asking where these people get their ideas, you'd have to ask them.

Thanks again, all!