Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mailbag: Any Thrashers News?

Now that I have a new email address posted for the blog, I've been getting emails from people on jersey- and logo-related topics. It's stuff that used to end up in the comments. So to get it posted for all to see, I'm starting a new feature called Mailbag where I respond to an email for all to read. Here goes.

Hey Chris,

I really enjoy your blog, and I wanted to say thank you for the work you are doing to bring us new information regarding the new reebok jerseys. However, Atlanta fans, like myself, have been starving for some news about the changes we might expect to our home and road apparel next season. We know that we are sticking with the blue as our home color, but there are still a lot of questions. Will our road jerseys mirror the blue ones (with the "Atlanta" down the sleeve)? Will we have to deal with ridiculous excessive piping like Nashville? etc.

So, like I said, I really appreciate your work, and I'm hoping you can dig something up for those of us down here in Blueland. Thanks!

Jesse

Thanks for the email Jesse. This post is for all those readers from Blueland out there.

I'm sorry to say despite searching far and wide, high and low, I unfortunately have nothing really to show for it. All I can do is post the rumors that have been making the rounds. So here's what you should be able to reasonably expect for the Atlanta Thrashers this fall.

The light blue jerseys were so popular that the Thrashers just made them the regular home sweaters last season. They dropped the red/dark blue ones altogether. Expect to see light blue home jerseys again this season. But one element of that jersey that fans seem to like may be difficult to achieve with the new Rbk EDGE cut. And that is the "ATLANTA" written down the sleeve. I think that's such a cool element of those jerseys and while it's not impossible, it doesn't seem likely that we'll see that on the new unis. Keep your fingers crossed.

As for the road jerseys, I'd expect to see more light blue, possibly along the shoulders. That's been a very identifiable color for the Thrashers the past few years. But this may all just be wishful thinking. Which reminds me, if anybody out there has seen any concept art for new Atlanta Thrashers jerseys, please don't hesitate to send it my way so I can share it with the rest of the class.

Just for reference, here are the current Atlanta uniforms which can be found at NHL Uniforms.com.



So again, I'm sorry to disappoint, Thrashers fans. But as always, if I hear or see anything, I'll post it right here.

If you have a question or comment you'd like to submit by email, you can reach me at nhllogos@gmail.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, having seen the new CBJ jerseys up close, I don't think it would be problem to keep that stripe with "ATLANTA" on it. That whole strip is still one piece on the jersey. If you notice on the Jackets', Preds', and Panthers' jerseys, they all have a solid stripe going down from the shoulder to the sleeve cuff.

Anonymous said...

I love the powder blue, kinda like the chargers

Chris said...

That's a good point, Jeff. Maybe we will see "ATLANTA" down the sleeve. Personally, I hope we do. It looks great on those jerseys. Thanks for reading, guys!