Monday, July 30, 2007

Stars vs Coyotes


vs
STARS
COYOTES
5-5
5-5


The Aesthetics
Talk about an ocean of mediocrity (based on my ridiculous criteria). Both teams are 5-5 after their first 10 matches. Let's see how they fare versus each other. I like both color schemes but as you know by now, I'm tempted to go with the logo that doesn't so much symbolize the name as spell it out. And that's what's going to happen.
Coyotes

The Nickname
I don't think the Stars have lost this point yet. But come on, unimaginable celestial ball of fire. Little desert dog. The Coyote never had a chance.
Stars

The Analysis
It seems like the Stars logo goes farther in symbolizing the region as much as the team name. While there's a coyote in the Coyotes logo and it features desert colors, it doesn't scream Arizona to me. The big "lone star," on the other hand, says nothing other than Texas.
Stars


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: