Friday, July 20, 2007

Maple Leafs vs Flyers


vs
MAPLE LEAFS
FLYERS
1-8
4-8


The Aesthetics
These are a couple of classic example of NHL logos. Unfortunately, the Maple Leafs won't win this point because of the words inside the leaf silhouette. I happen to like the leaf, though, I just think there's more they can do with it. The Flyers logo may be limited on color, but at least it uses more than two.
Flyers

The Nickname
I'm not sure a Maple Leaf could deal a blow to a Flyer of any sort.
Flyers

The Analysis
It's finally been time for the Flyers to shine today. I've always liked the logo; I've just liked others better. And I really do like the maple leaf silhouette but it just doesn't work for me with the team name in the middle of it. The Flyers logo, alternatively, is solid and classic, despite the fact that it was obviously designed in the 1960s. What sells it for me is the "P" for Phildelphia attached to a wing. And we have a sweep.
Flyers


WINNER
3-0

 

No comments: