Friday, May 30, 2008

Just To Freak You Out XXXVI

Time this evening for a Freak Out post. I know you've been waiting eagerly for two long weeks. We'll kick things off in New York. What do you say we mix all three NY clubs? And then do it all over again?



The things people come up with. Now if we head west you might find the odd Mighty Ducks jersey with interesting striping.



But staying out west things only get stranger.



I don't think I even need to say anything about that. It's just weird.

Got a couple of crazy logos to share as well. It's Phoenix — in its mythical sense, I suppose.



To finish off tonight's Freak Out Friday, we'll dive into the Stanley Cup series and look at the only two clubs still playing hockey this season.

Folks often try to "update" the Red Wings logo yet it never seems to take.



I can't imagine why. And I'm all about the powder blue Penguins jerseys allegedly making a return in the fall...



...but make up your mind at least. It's gold or it's blue. It obviously can't be both.

Join me again in two weeks for another edition and keep sending in your freaky artwork and I'll keep posting.

12 comments:

Doug said...

Eh, the Phenix logo is just the Phoenix Suns' B-Ball team's logo recolored to Red and Tan.....

Cale Putnam said...

I actually rather like that Penguins jersey. It's got character, and isn't in-your-face.

The Kyle said...

I actually like that Canucks jersey. I thought you would say RIP Luc Bourdon or something. :(

Atownjacket said...

I NEED THRASHERS STUFF!!

Unknown said...

i like the pens one too...

honestly, ANYTHING would be better than what they're wearing now

Philip said...

That Sharks jersey is the recolored logo of the short-lived L.A. Sharks of the WHA ('72-'73), stuck on a recolored Caps jersey. It was a great logo -- but not like this!

Whiter Mage said...

I like that Ducks jersey :x

Jason said...

That Sharks jersey is the greatest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

why no new posts chris?

Alvin said...

The Canucks jersey is similar to the 1973-74 Vancouver Blazers.

Anonymous said...

The Mighty Ducks jersey looks like it can actually work well in real life.

Doogie2K said...

So wait...the Los Angeles Sharks logo, on the California Golden Seals jersey?

Wow, that's inspired.