Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Prepping For The Pens' Unveiling

As we ready ourselves to see the new Pittsburgh Penguins uniforms, I have concepts to post. This first one is based loosely off of the alleged leaked images we got a glimpse of back in July.



Strangely enough, the photos we saw — which may or may not have any validity — did not have the gold '90s logo on the shoulders. Will the Pens be getting rid of it entirely? The team has already said to expect a new "special" patch on the new jerseys. A lot of Pittsburgh folks are theorizing that it will be a 40th anniversary logo. That makes perfect sense to me.

I'm not expecting to see anything much different from those photos. For a refresher:



By the way, I was emailed a very cool concept design for the Pens.



Yeah. So whenever someone asks you what a "fierce" penguin looks like, show them this image. In fact, show them this image when they want to know what a fierce logo looks like. Check out the pecs on that bird. That penguin scares the bejesus out of me. Pens fans, I'd like to know what you think of that. Do you prefer your penguin or one more like this?

Anyway, enjoy your day. Like I said, I'll have photos up as soon as I can.

UPDATE (4:10 PM): You can read more about the event tonight in an article I posted last week. Enjoy!

7 comments:

seth said...

so far i have heard that the pens are getting rid of the shoulder patches and also that the new patch is for pittsburgh's 250th anniversary (which i am hoping is NOT the case).

as for the logo, i prefer the one now. i am not a big fan of 3D logos for some reason and if it aint broke, dont fix it

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, nothing about penguins (or ducks if we're on the subject of waterfowl) is 'fierce' by any stretch of the imagination. They waddle and eat fish. I've encountered daddy-long-legs in my bathroom that are more threatening than the idea of a penguin on ice. For all its flaws, the Predators are the poster child of a 'fierce' NHL logo.

VonRye said...

I found this on the Penguin's website:

The Penguins’ logo and colors will remain the same, although there will be some modifications to the striping, the shoulder areas, the pants and the socks.

Penguins players also will be wearing a special patch for the 2007-08 season that will be displayed for the first time on Sept. 5.

BurghBlogger said...

That "fierce" penguin looks like crap.

The skating penguin is perfect. I don't care how much you hate it.

Chris said...

That "fierce" penguin looks like crap.

The skating penguin is perfect. I don't care how much you hate it.


I don't hate it! I really don't, I swear. I was just trying to illustrate a point. Anyway, thank you for the comments.

I really do like the Penguins logo.

Even if you guys all think I don't.

Unknown said...

Pssh, you've said that for EVERY jersey change, Chris. The patches on the Calgary jersey? Love em! The Canucks wordmark? Awesome! Tampa Bay's new logo? A huge improvement!

You're allowed to say something sucks, dude.

Chris said...

Pssh, you've said that for EVERY jersey change, Chris. The patches on the Calgary jersey? Love em! The Canucks wordmark? Awesome! Tampa Bay's new logo? A huge improvement!

You're allowed to say something sucks, dude.


Is it bad that I like change? But as positive as usually am, here's a short list of things I don't like: the Coyotes' logo and uniforms; the Blackhawks' logo; the Islanders' new jerseys; and most of all, the new Capitals logo (although the uniforms are all right).

I could go on, but I don't like to be negative. Sends out bad vibes into the world. Anyway, thanks for reading the blog, Matthew!