Friday, September 21, 2007

Elusive Rangers Jersey Appears

Just so as to put the matter to rest, I thought I'd point out that the elusive New York Rangers Rbk EDGE jersey has now made its long-awaited appearance on the NHL.com Shop.



As a corollary to that, the Rangers have said on their web site that the new uniforms will be debuting in tonight's preseason game against the Devils.



I guess, technically that means today is the "official" unveiling of their new uniform. However, I'm still going to count July 26 as the date because they first released pictures on their web site that day — despite the fact that they were removed only hours later.

Anyway, all this nonsense is for nothing because they're exactly the same as they've always been, adapted to the Rbk EDGE style and cut. I say "exactly" but I should clarify before I get a horde of comments about how the letters create a narrower diagonal than before. I think it's hardly noticeable, but then I'm not a Rangers fan.

So it'll all be cleared up tonight and photos from the game will be available soon enough. And we're probably just about finished with Rbk EDGE news. It's kind of sad. I've gotten so used to it over the last few months.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Thanks for the update, Chris. I was thinking of sending you information on this earlier today, but I didn't have the free time I needed.

I'm watching tonight's game, so I'll keep my eye out for anything.

As for photos, none were posted on the one source the both of us have accessed from last night's preseason games, so hopefully we'll see some from this game tonight.

I guess we'll have to see if the "RANGERS" across the front turns out to be a complete non-concern. I'll see that for myself in 30 minutes.

Paul said...

Not totally happy with new jerseys. Watching the early portion of the first period and my fear is true. The RANGERS across the front is still off center and it looks weird. I don't like the way it is tighter from left to right with the lettering.

And the home blue jersey has the bottom-most white stripe carry down to the bottom of the jersey in the back. It doesn't look right.

I'd at most give the new jerseys a B+ to an A- for at least keeping 90% of last year's jerseys intact.

WonderBread said...

My God. As a Rangers guy, i cannot believe how bad the back hem of the home jersey looks- it looks like a giant white ass hammock.
Disgruntled!
WonderBread

Doug said...

I wouldn't buy an EDGE Rangers jersey if I were a fan.

They look terrible tonight. Those gigantic white areas at the bottom look like a T-Shirt is untucked under the jersey. SLOPPY!!!!!!!!!