Thursday, September 13, 2007

EA Unlocks Unreleased Jerseys?

Got several emails today about EA Sports' NHL 08 which was released this week. We kept hearing an unlock code would be provided for the new Rbk EDGE uniforms.

Apparently, that code was released today, supposedly unlocking all of the uniforms in the game. Here to the left you can see the unlock code available at official Rbk EDGE web site.

I've seen screen grabs for only a handful of team jerseys so I don't know that they're necessarily all available at this point. (Someone correct me if needed.)

The teams I've seen via stills from email and around the web are the Thrashers, Sharks, Coyotes, Stars, Oilers, Blackhawks, and Blues. And while they are from video games (which you know I'm opposed to), I'll post a few here just for fun. I'm still going to wait for teams to show off the uniforms themselves to count it as an "official" unveiling.



Many Thrashers fans may be happy to see the "ATLANTA" retained on the left sleeve of the home jersey. Of course, I'm just guessing it's there since we can't actually see it.



The Blues and Sharks sweaters look nice — if not like they've been swapped. I like the sholders of the Blues sweater and the striping on the Sharks.



And the conservatives among you will probably like the fact that nothing much has changed for the Chicago Blackhawks.



Just remember that while there's no reason to doubt the designs here are accurate, I won't call them "official" until we see it from the team or the league. That's just how I roll.

Thanks for all the emails on the subject, everybody! I'll try and get some more images up later on.

UPDATE (12:36 PM): Here's a great photo gallery featuring all the new AHL and NHL sweaters. Enjoy!

26 comments:

fsr said...

Finally get to see my Thrash jerseys. The blue one is pretty much unchanged, except it looks like they added the secondary logo to the shoulder, which wasn't there before. I don't like the white sticking out inside the elbows on the away jersey, but it might look better actually on a real person.

I'm a little disappointed, but it was basically what I expected. It could get a lot worse (see those FLA monstrosities).

Unknown said...

can we get a FLyers pic up there too?

Unknown said...

The jerseys are all about what you'd expect, except the Oilers... wow.

Unknown said...

Great to see my pics made it up on this blog!

some action shots (flyers included) were posted up here

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=415035&page=28

blues jerseys are awesome! too bad the oilers ruined theirs....

Masik said...

Thanks for posting these so quickly, now I can't wait to pick up NHL08 tonight.

Loose Threads said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucas said...

OMG the Blues jersey is amazing!!

Eric said...

Seems as if the way the blog handles comments results in long url's being clipped.

Could anyone repost a link to see the remaining EA jerseys?

Jason said...

His server may be freaking from all the traffic he was sure to get with the link being posted here. It was working great at first, but now seems to be hit and miss.

The Blues jerseys are growing on me for sure. I miss the horizontal bars of color at the bottom, but am digging them overall. I'm excited to see them this Saturday.

Peter said...

The Oilers new uniform is Powerglove bad. Just awful. It looks like a glorified practice jersey.

Why God, why?

Num said...

@Pat: i see the Flyers jersey and is look like the one I see on this site.

I unlock the jersey on NHL 2008 today, they alls looks great except, the home Stars jersey... Yerrrk !!

Shawn said...

thanks for posting that unlock code for us. because I went to the rbkedge site, and the code was taken down I suppose.

Unknown said...

Wow my site sucks when i throw a bloated photoshop slideshow up on it :)

Here's a link to get out of photoshop web gallery hell and just see the jerseys:

http://www.fartfignewton.com/rbk_edge/images/index.htm

Unknown said...

http://www.fartfignewton.com/rbk_edge/images/
Guess it didn't like the entire url posted, so just copying and pasting that should get you there.

Foot said...

does that code work for PS2 or is it just for the nexgen systems

redrash said...

St.Louis Blues now have my fave jerseys. They are Wicked!

Masik said...

agree the Blues jerseys actually look pretty nice unlike the Dallas Stars jerseys that completely went to hell. Good Lord, what’s up with the NBA style home jersey? I’m disappointed highly. At least my Admirals didn’t switch their look too much even though our skeleton could look tougher but the bone anchors are still sick looking.

Masik said...

The Reebok code is gone now, they leaked it on accident and have since pulled it from the site. Someone at Reebok is probably without a job now.

Drew Celestino said...

"Someone at Reebok is probably without a job now."

A shame it's not the guy who came up with the Edge jersey idea.

Anonymous said...

and they can thank me for finding that earlier this morning and posting on a bunch of message boards.

Unknown said...

OMFG! The Oilers jersey is hideous.

KennyMitchell said...

http://www.fartfignewton.com/rbk_edge/pages/nhl_philadelphia_flyers.htm
nhl_philadelphia_flyers
FLYERS JERSEY

Unknown said...

I got NHL 2008 this afternoon.

The game is very good. Close to be my favorite all-time hockey game, and that came from a 2k sports nerd.


I've tried to play with all the new jerseys. I can say that to look at them on the ici (video game yes, but on motion) is a different thing that seeing them on a picture.

The white edmonton one is terrible. Boston rule, Dallas is bad, Anaheim black is ugly, but the white one works.

Florida is bad, but not that bad. The lightning white is clean and good looking.

Sens are not correct. They are too plain. Toronto feels ok. Capitals have a problem with the blue stripes on the sides.

The blues ones are weird, but it works, and it's original. Calgary is not that bad.

And the white canucks is ugly. But the blue one is kind of great on the ice.

So far I think that the ugliest are the white edmonton. Not wearable. Maybe the game doesn't do them justice, to be fair.

So back to the game for me.

Masik said...

I got the game last night and I ended up liking the Lightning's new jersey after seeing the whole uniform. The shorts have lightning bolts going down the legs.

Unknown said...

Yes seeing the whole uniform sometimes explain why certain teams went with curious designs.

The Flames, at first ugly, are now not so ugly. The bottom of the jersey is made to match the pants, and it's kind of sharp.

Unknown said...

I hope to God that the Sharks jerseys look better in real life. While the logo has begun to grow on me, the backward step in the jersey design makes it look goofy. A 2000's logo on a '70's uni design?? Don't get me started on the Burnt Orange....