Thursday, July 5, 2007

Canadiens vs Flyers


vs
CANADIENS
FLYERS
5-2
4-3


The Aesthetics
Here, both teams have rather generic names both logos are letter-based — one a "C" and the other a "P." And there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I'm all for it. I'm also all for the use of color, which is rather lacking in the Flyers logo. A single small circle of orange doesn't exactly spread around the color. Like I've said, I like the third jersey logo a little better.
Canadiens

The Nickname
I'm not sure how a battle between a Canadien and a Flyer would go down, but if we say a Flyer is a bird, those are nasty little pooping machines and no one is safe when they are airborne.
Flyers

The Analysis
One thing I should've mentioned in the Aesthetics section is the attractive simplicity of these two logos. There's not a lot of annoying detail here, just plain old great logos. And they're similar in a lot of ways. In fact, both are division leaders at the moment. But ultimately, it's the use of color, the subtle "H" and the Flyers logo's need for an upgrade that insures the victory for the Canadiens.
Canadiens


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: