Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bruins vs Islanders


vs
BRUINS
ISLANDERS
4-2
1-9


The Aesthetics
There certainly are a lot of circles before us today. And within said circles are letters. Were I to go about this arbitrarily, I'd say the logo with the fewest letters contained within the circle should get this point. But to be arbitrary is wrong. The Bruins logo gets it because the Islanders logo features more than a few of my aesthetic pet peeves, such as a hockey stick, puck and the team name written out.
Bruins

The Nickname
Islanders and Bruins are both known for doing in fish, but one-on-one, I think the larger bear has the upper hand.
Bruins

The Analysis
Often I've awarded this point to the Islanders for the outline of Long Island found in orange in the background of the logo. That'll continue today as what annoys me about the Bruins logo is its lack of an actual bruin. The scary bear on the new shoulder patches would work, but that's not in competition here.
Islanders


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: