Friday, June 29, 2007

Islanders vs Canadiens


vs
ISLANDERS
CANADIENS
0-3
2-0


The Aesthetics
The Isles have yet to win match while the Habs have yet to lose. Let's see if anything changes. Now I like circular logos, but I hate the spelling out of team names. It seems so unnecessary. Logos that stem from a single letter are usually lazy but in this case, there's something special about the Canadiens.
Canadiens

The Nickname
I'm not sure why a fisherman and a Frenchman would ever come to blows, but in a straight-up fistfight, my money is on the Islander over the Canadien.
Islanders

The Analysis
The Canadiens logo is one of those old traditions so I'll probably get crucified for bad-mouthing it. But that's okay. I understand. I would just like to know what makes it unique to Montreal. At least the Islanders logo has a map of Long Island despite its use of both a hockey stick and puck. However its the very use of those two elements that defaults the point to the Canadiens.
Canadiens


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: