Saturday, June 14, 2008

Possible News About Wild Third Jersey?

I got an email from a reader named Jerry about possible new third jersey designs for the Minnesota Wild. Apparently the team held a fan appreciation day in St. Paul on Thursday and there were staff members walking around doing surveys with fans about new alternate sweaters.

Jerry said they had about six to eight designs to choose from and that they were not allowed to take pictures — probably because of sites like this one. Anyway, I asked him to describe the designs for you guys. Here's what he said.

OK, I'll try my best to remember

Two designs were just text: Minnesota and Minn, each had the North Star symbol for the dot in "i," the colors were green or wheat (single color).

One design had the letter "M" in the same font of the Boston Red Sox's "B" with the Wild colors orbiting the M, the color was red or green (the same for the following).

One was super-stretch "W" with Wild background etch in the "W."

The remaining two were morphing the Wild logo into "M" and "W."

That's what I can think off right now,

hope this can help!

If anyone would like to design concepts based on these descriptions, I'd love to post them. I'd also appreciate if anyone else who might have attended could confirm these descriptions.

And if you've got any tips or possible news on third jerseys, you can email me at nhllogos@gmail.com.

10 comments:

The Daily Jew said...

Green text is the best one

Lax Guy said...

It sucks being in under water Iowa right now too.
At least we have the Anaheim affiliation to look forward to. Hopefully our new unis do not use any of the "Seattle" colors...
Early word is that we'll be the "Iowa Thunder" in the AHL. I'm going black, gold, and red (the colors of the Barnstormer's AFL team). If anyone is looking for a minor league mock-up idea, there you go. Also, KC is rumored to get an NHL team in two years (possibly Florida) which coincides with the expiration date on our Anaheim affiliation. There's another idea for you...

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of any of those ideas... Weird that every concept involves a single letter derived from the team's name. I do, however, think that wheat color could make an interesting secondary.

Atownjacket said...

When do you think they'll start showing the 3rd jerseys?.....maybe at the Draft?



________________________________
http://www.NFLlogos.blogspot.com

Chris said...

When do you think they'll start showing the 3rd jerseys?.....maybe at the Draft?

It's possible. They did have Rbk EDGE jerseys at last year's draft so they might have a few. Have to wait and see.

Damme said...

Sounds bad. When I imagine them, they all look disgusting.

asnowballschance said...

atownjacket,

granted your page is a knockoff of this site, you definitely need to improve your background colors as yellow/cream font doesn't work too well on a dark blue background along with red textboxes and fonts.

at least IMO.

Jason said...

It's possible. They did have Rbk EDGE jerseys at last year's draft so they might have a few. Have to wait and see.

Did they? I thought most teams didn't show their new stuff until later, closer to their training camps. I just did a quick search for images from last year's draft and all I see are the older style jerseys. Granted I haven't seen every team, so maybe some did and I'm forgetting them.

Chris said...

Did they? I thought most teams didn't show their new stuff until later, closer to their training camps.

To be fair, nobody introduced their Rbk EDGE jerseys at the draft per se. But, for example, the Capitals, Blue Jackets and Kings did unveil theirs to fans at draft day parties. And the Bruins unveiled theirs the day before.

Those jerseys were then seen later at the draft itself. I can't say for certain the same thing will happen again this year, but it's a possibility.

Jason said...

Ah, that's right. I forgot about that. I should know better than to doubt The Chris.