Friday, March 14, 2008

Guitar Logos, Part 1 of 10

A reader of the blog here named Scott has started an interesting series of his own that I've decided to feature. It probably stems from a pretty good case of boredom, but nonetheless he's turning all 30 NHL logos into ... guitars. Yes, guitars. Here's what I mean.



Presenting them alphabetically, I'll be posting three at a time as he sends them.



Scott's finished nine of the 30 teams and as long as he sends them all to me, I'll share them all with you.



Should we call that one a banjo?

Up next: Sabres, Flames and Hurricanes — as guitars!

(By the way, happy Pi Day! I'm celebrating with a key lime pie. You?)

12 comments:

Cale Putnam said...

The Bruins one looks like the pendulum in the most awesome grandfather clock ever. The Ducks logo actually does look like a guitar though!

Anonymous said...

I don't like how he makes the neck of the guitars in the same color scheme as the logos...it makes it look really fake!

Unknown said...

it's supposed to be fake! haha wow kash what a comment.

poul said...

Pi DAY!!!!! at exactly 1:59pm!!!! ... we got free pie today at school... (im a 2nd year math student)

Jason said...

Hey, the Ducks logo is actually good for something!

Daryl said...

I agree, the Bruins logo looks like a banjo!! As for Pi Day, I've always thought of , and heard of, as March 14th, as Steak & BJ Day. (aka Men's Valentine's Day.) LOL.

Anonymous said...

the program he uses to make the guitars is the same program i used in high school! but i cant remember the name!

DaveCormz said...

i dont see what the point is in that. pretty lame dude lol

Chris said...

i dont see what the point is in that. pretty lame dude lol

That had even me laughing out loud! What's the point of anything on this little blog of mine?

By the way, 1:59 PM. Didn't even think of that one. Pretty clever.

GelatinousMutantCoconut said...

Hey, maybe they should make Guitar Hero: NHL Edition where you get to jam as some of the NHLS stars playing logo-themed guitars.

I'm sure it would sell well up here in Canada :p.

jared said...

You laugh at it now, but you know some company is saying "that's not a bad idea"

I think that program is Solidworks.

Anonymous said...

The program is Autoesk Inventor. Chris is right about the boredom part. I am a college student in the middle of no where. It is a great way to kill time.