Friday, July 13, 2007

Possible New Sharks Logo?


A reader pointed me to this image of a potential new design for the San Jose Sharks logo. As I reported the other day, the Sharks will be unveiling a new logo on July 24.

Now if you want my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. It's a cool update on the current logo, but I think its just an artistically-inclined fan having a little fun on the internet. The way I understand it, the team is going with a complete redesign. It's rumored the new logo will feature an entire shark as opposed to just the front end. Now having said that, anything is possible and we won't know for certain for another 11 days, so check back here then.

In the meantime, feel free to leave your comments. What do you think it will look like? What do you think it should look like? What do you think of this design?

UPDATE (4:55 PM): Just came across this version of the Sharks logo. It actually shows the entire shark as I mentioned earlier. But its a wordmark, so it probably wouldn't be the crest.

What do you think of it? Great? Not great? Personally, I'm a little indifferent. It's an improvement on their current logo but I think they can do better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't find where to write this information, so I'll write it here. In the page called concept design, there's a Maple Leafs' logo that is familiar to you, but you don't recognize it. It's Air Canada logo. If you didn't make the link, Leafs' arena is the Air Canada Center.

Chris said...

Thanks for the info! The post you're referring to can be found here. Another reader already pointed that out to me in the comments, but I appreciate the thought. I knew it looked familiar. Didn't even think of the airline. Thanks again!