Monday, July 23, 2007

Coyotes vs Sharks


vs
COYOTES
SHARKS
3-3
5-6


The Aesthetics
I continue to be disappointed by the lack of color in the Sharks logo and eagerly await tomorrow's unveiling of a new logo. The Coyotes logo at times looks awkward to me, but I certainly feel the action while looking at it. You can almost hear it howling.
Coyotes

The Nickname
This is one of those situations where I don't know why a Coyote and a Shark would ever come face-to-face, but my money is on the Sharks for sheer power.
Sharks

The Analysis
My first question is always, does the logo match the team name? Here, we do in fact see a coyote and a shark. Next I look at home town representation. Here, there's nothing obvious but the team names are good indications. An Arizona team named for a desert animal. And a California coastal team named for an underwater predator. Now I'm looking at features like the broken hockey stick in the shark's mouth. It's unnecessary. We should already know the logo belongs to a hockey team. This point goes to the Coyotes.
Coyotes


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: