Saturday, June 16, 2007

Red Wings vs Sharks


vs
RED WINGS
SHARKS
1-1
1-0


The Aesthetics
Neither logo would win a lot of points for color. The Red Wings features only red and the Sharks uses its unique teal very scarcely. That being said, the Sharks logo is very eye-catching and despite its tiny detail in the broken hockey stick, it squeaks by with the point.
Sharks

The Nickname
I can't think of a Red-Winged bird that would be flying anywhere near a coastline that would subject it to a Shark attack.
Red Wings

The Analysis
Like I've said, the Sharks logo has disappointed me in its lack of color. I can see where the black shark comes off as more fierce, but the teal color could be used better. And even though it does feature a hockey stick, I like the idea of it being bitten by the Shark. There isn't very much going on in the Red Wings logo. It's solid but could use a design upgrade, and up against the Sharks, it doesn't really stand a chance.
Sharks


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: