Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rumor: New Bruins Logo Coming Friday

I don't care much for rumors since anyone can create one and no one has to take responsibility for it so I generally tend to shy away from them. Still, I've heard from several places and have referenced before in this blog that the Boston Bruins will be getting a new logo and uniforms this summer.

Now I'm getting rumblings of an unveiling date set for June 1. Well, that's this Friday so the good news is we don't have to wait long to see if the rumor is true.

That being said, I'm not adding it to the sidebar countdown but I did feel like making everyone aware of the possibility. Keep an eye on the B's web site along with NHL.com this week to see what happens.

I don't have any particulars on the new look — just that the spoked B is out and a new, fierce-looking bear is in. I'm assuming they're keeping the colors. If this does pan out, the Bruins will become the first Original Six team to make a major logo change in the last 50 years.

No comments: