Thursday, July 12, 2007

Blackhawks vs Wild


vs
BLACKHAWKS
WILD
2-6
5-0


The Aesthetics
More times than I'd like to admit I've explained the problems inherent with the Blackhawks logo. And all the reasons I love the Wild logo. But all you really have to do is look at the two of them right next to each other to know who deserves this point. Creativity gets the Wild this point.
Wild

The Nickname
You're nuts if you don't think Chief Blackhawk knows his way around the Wild.
Blackhawks

The Analysis
What you see is what you get when it comes to these teams' names. The logos are appropriate symbols for the names but one clearly does it better than the other. Simplify the Indian head, already! You can do it, Chicago! I believe in you. Meanwhile, like I said yesterday, the Wild logo more than goes out of its way to fit in so many little bits that you can look at it a million times and see something new every time. That's what a logo really should be.
Wild


WINNER
2-1

 

No comments: